So, I’m always up for trying something new for dinner. I always feel like I’m cooking the same old thing. So, I found this little gem right here making Philly Cheese Stuffed Green Peppers and decided to try it out. It’s cheap which is a plus considering I’m feeding a family of 5, it’s easy and it’s not time consuming which is also another plus.
Recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
- 5 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 pound of roast beef
- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms
- 10 pieces of provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Wash and slice your green peppers cut in half.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Slice your onions and roast beef.
- Next your going to add your onions, mushrooms, roast beef and your butter into a pan and saute until your liking.
- Once it’s done to your liking your going to spoon your roast beef, onion, mushroom mix into your peppers.
- Place your provolone cheese on top and bake at 400 until your cheese is golden brown.
**If you like your green peppers a little more done and not so crunchy you can place them in your oven beforehand while your preparing your roast beef, onion, mushroom mix**
That’s it! Super easy to make and my kids loved them and I’ve got some picky eaters. So some were made without cheese and some were put on a mini sub bun, but all in all, it was a total win in this house!