This recipe for Herbed Grilled Chicken Wings are sure to score with any sports party. The seductively high ratio of skin to meat is what makes these taste good, and grilling takes full advantage of that. This herb marinade is bright and summery, and light enough to let the skin get nice and crisp.
An herb marinade is your secret weapon for these grilled chicken wings. And pretty much everything else. These wing-dings have become an unofficial entree at most every home, bar and restaurant. Whether you like them mild or spicy, dipped or straight up, it’s your call. Baking these yields crisp skin without the mess and constant tending of frying.
Impress your crowd by adding the right herbs. Make it your secret play. Make sure you make a double batch because they will be doing the wave for more!
Recipe For Herbed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Combine garlic, oregano, rosemary, and oil in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken wings, seal bag, and turn to coat.
- Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Remove wings from marinade and grill, covered and turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp about 15–20 minutes.
Although these wings are great with just herbs and spices, some like to dip. Your dip can be sweet, hot or even ranch style. Since the recipe above is an herb baked variety, we at Eat Out Loud have enclosed a short Ranch Dip video that is sure to score with your hungry fans!