Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Arguably, this is the best idea for a combination anyone has ever had. Learn to make beautiful chocolate dipped strawberries in this easy to follow recipe. Surprise your loved one with this perfect homemade gift.
Have fun experimenting using the chocolate dip with white chocolate drizzle, dip the covered strawberry into crushed nuts or confetti’s to give them a fun and unique arrangement.
Use fresh juicy berries for the best end result. Some strawberries out of season can tend to not be as sugary as they look. You might want to sample one just to make sure your chocolate dipped strawberries will be as good as they look.
Yield: 1 pound Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
- Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls.
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt.
- Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
- Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.