Crock Pot Swiss Steak is my all-time favorite entree! So easy to make and ready when I get home. Served with mashed potatoes or over a bed of noodles, this is sure to be a hit with your family and guests. It’s even pretty cheap to make using a round steak or cubed steak. Cook the meat into pieces the size of your hand for easier serving. You can even add some fresh mushrooms for a bonus.
The more mushroom soup you use, the more gravy you will have to apply on your side dish. I even make homemade noodles and allow them to dry all day then serve this crock pot meat on top of them once I cook the noodles off. You may want to make extra because this will become your family’s favorite meal as it is mine!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 2 lbs cube steaks or 1 large round steak
- 1 T oil
- 2 T flour
- 1 – 16 ounce can mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
Directions for Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- Preheat large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add 1 T oil.
- Portion meat into roughly 3″ x 4″ pieces.
- Roll each piece of meat in flour.
- Brown meat in preheated skillet with salt and pepper added for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place a spoonful of mushroom sauce in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer that with some chopped onions then place the browned meat upon that.
- Repeat layering in that order until all the meat, mushroom soup and onions are in the crock pot.
- Set on high and leave it to cook for 8 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or over noodles.