Caramel Apple Sheet Cake … this delicious apple cake is perfectly moist and has caramel frosting infused in each and every bite! It is heavenly! It is incredibly moist and flavorful. It’s easy to make and feeds a crowd. And, the caramel cream cheese icing is out of this world! At Eat Out Loud we like to make sure our recipes are overwhelming enjoyed by many. This is a recipe that serves a crowd.
This is my favorite cake, I have tried many apple cakes over the years and this is a winner!! So moist and dense, with a caramel taste sensation that you’ll want a second piece. Great for family gatherings since it makes a large sheet pan. And, it’s easy to transport for family reunions or holiday desserts.
Do you ever make sheet cakes? They are awesome because they’re so easy – no need to worry about decorating or making them look perfect, and they feed a crowd, so they’re great for holidays and parties. This Caramel Apple Sheet Cake is ridiculous. I couldn’t stay out of it! I kept sneaking a piece for breakfast…and then again with my afternoon coffee. You must try this cake – but be warned, it’s irresistible!
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 15×10 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour,brown sugar, chopped apples, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix just until evenly combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 18-22 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and beat in confectioners sugar and vanilla until blended and smooth.
- Adjust thickness, only if necessary, with more milk, so frosting is pourable.
- Pour icing over warm cake.
- Cool completely, before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.