These “No Bakes” was the first cookie I learned to make. They never lasted long for my younger brothers would gobble them up! No risk of burning yourself on an oven rack because these are made on top of the stove. Longing for a rich chocolate treat late at night? These No bakes can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes including clean up time!
The secret tricks to making them work every:
Once you see the saucepan ingredients start to bubble, only cook for 3 minutes! Set a time. Over cooking will lead to a dry cookie and make them hard to spoon out of the pan. Use proper measurements on the oatmeal too. Adding too much makes them crumbly and a mess to eat. Not adding enough oatmeal and under cooking the mixture makes them too soft and runny. You’ll be eating them with a spoon! And never use rolled oats. The result will be an under cooked oatmeal leaving a very chewy end result.
They store best in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They also ship well so plan on sending some off to family & friends!
YIELD: 36 No Bake Cookies
Ingredients for the NO BAKE COOKIE:
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 T cocoa
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 3 c. quick rolled oats
Directions for the NO BAKE COOKIE:
- In medium saucepan add the first 4 ingredients: sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to form. Once you see the first sign of bubbles, set a timer for 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and quickly add the last 3 ingredients stirring rapidly: vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Immediately, using 2 spoons, drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper. You must move quickly before the cookie mixture starts to set up.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Store in airtight container.