Crispy Cornflake Chicken Tenders are easy, baked chicken strips, great for dinner or as a snack! Made with just 3 ingredients most every household has: chicken breasts, mayo (Miracle Whip) and cornflakes! Of course you may want to add some salt and pepper for flavoring or your own secret ingredient that your family has come to know and love on your chicken. These are baked…not fried so they are healthier for you!
There’s something super fun and almost therapeutic about crushing bags of corn flakes into tiny little pieces. It’s like popping bubble wrap but with more of a tangible benefit at the end.
Crispy Cornflake Chicken Tenders
Yields 10 tenders depending on the size of chicken breasts
- 2 whole chicken boneless/skinless chicken breasts or precut tenders
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
- Salt, if desired
- Pepper, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into strips. (You may want to fillet the breasts if it’s super thick)
3. Finely crush cornflakes. Smash the cornflakes into panko-like (slightly larger) crumbs.
4. Coat each tender with the mayo (Miracle Whip taste the best for this recipe!).
5. Drop each coated tender into the bag of crushed flakes.
6. Lay chicken strips on baking sheet (some prefer a lining for easy clean up).
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked thoroughly.
8. Cool slightly then dip in your favorite sauce.
9. Make sure you make enough for seconds!